Featured College Readiness Standard
ELA Standard III - Speaking
A. Understand the elements of communication both in informal group discussions and formal presentations (e.g., accuracy, relevance, rhetorical features, and organization of information).
- Understand how style and content of spoken language varies in different contexts and influences the listener’s understanding.
- Adjust presentation (delivery, vocabulary, length) to particular audiences and purposes.
B. Develop effective speaking styles for both group and one-on-one situations.
- Participate actively and effectively in one-on-one oral communication situations.
- Participate actively and effectively in group discussions.
- Plan and deliver focused and coherent presentations that convey clear and distinct perspectives and demonstrate solid reasoning.
More CCRS Resources